3.12.2011

a day in the life: 3.12.11

since the last post technically should've been written two days ago, it's not weird to post twice today. or maybe it is. no matter! today begins what i hope will be an ongoing series of snapshots into a day in the life of Gee. it's easy to write about what i observe, but i'm always wondering what Gee is thinking. here's where i'll take a guess at it. we'll see how it turns out...

***Since Mommy somehow managed to get me to fall asleep before 7:30pm last night, I was up at 6:30 this morning instead of my customary 8, 8:30am Saturday wake-up time. I don't think Mommy was too thrilled, but she played with me sleepily anyways until she was ready to get up. As always, she put me on that tall thing by the window and tried to change my diaper. I don't know why she doesn't change her strategy: she knows that I'll either flip over, play with the blinds, or mess with my diaper. Yet she does the same thing every morning, as do I. I wonder about that woman sometimes...

Anywho, after relaxing and watching a few of my shows on Nick, Jr., Mommy got us dressed and popped me into the stroller. What what!! I love riding in this thing! Today, we went over to Old Ben Ivery's (my great-grandpa's) house with my uncles. I finished my milk and took a refreshing nap on O.B.I.'s bed. Naptime. Is. Awesome. I know I fight it, but once I'm asleep? HEAVEN! After waking up, I hung out with my apple juice and watched the Golf Channel with Grandpa. In case you haven't noticed, I looove watching T.V. Hee hee :) My mommy (who was cleaning out a closet) seemed to be ignoring me, so I got her attention and POOF! there she was, like magic! Reassured that she hadn't left me, I went back to Grandpa and the Golf Channel. After Mommy was finished, the five of us rolled back home, where I snacked and got my afternoon nap in (I didn't get one yesterday, that's the only reason Mommy got me in bed so early!). After I woke up this time, Mommy brought my toys into our room, and I played and played while she cleaned. I let her clean for about 45 minutes, but I made sure she gave me plenty of lovin' by having her move me from the crib to the floor to her bed and back to the floor. Mommies need exercise, you know. When it was feeding time again, I had milk and these weird apple and cinnamon Gerber snacks, which Mommy put in a bowl. I figured the floor needed decorating, so I put most of the snacks on the floor. Our dog, Ewey, ate them, though, so my decorations didn't last long. Then, it was time for playtime with PawPaw and the Uncles.

Those Uncles of mine, I tell ya. My Uncle Cs. I love them a lot, as evidenced by how much I laugh and grin anytime I see one of them. But they can be so touchy-feely! Sometimes, I just need my space. Other times, I smother them with hugs and kisses. This time, I just hung out, watching PawPaw and the Uncle Cs play videogames. Then, yet another naptime, this time with Nana. That's actually where I am now, which may leave you wondering how I'm writing this. Well... I'm wondering the same thing myself, so if you find out, let me know!***

she's so articulate for a 9month-old, right? LOL! now, back to typing up my autobiography [FUN, not]. until next time...

love -elle&gee-

No comments:

Post a Comment